Inspiring people to be safe, making the shift from knowing safety to doing it safely, and developing a robust safety culture.
Get smart and get real about what it takes to make significant changes in safety behaviour and culture! Would you like to assist your organisation to make consistent safety related changes, to develop a robust safety culture that ensures they don’t just KNOW safety but DO it, and get some answers to that perplexing question… “We know what we should be doing regarding safety, so why aren’t we doing it?” If this is you, and your organisation has grappled with safety related challenges in the past, Doing safety! will outline exactly what it takes to change behaviours - and will give your teams all of the tools and resources they need to make it happen. So, what are you waiting for? Get smart and get real about what it takes to move from KNOWING safety to DOING it and ensure everybody goes home safely.
What does Doing safety! teach?
Doing safety! teaches participants to:
- Move from a position of knowing to doing with regards to safety related behaviours and actions
- Understand how thinking and behaving safely is in their own best interest (connecting safety to their personal 'why')
- Build and maintain a robust safety culture
- Embed new safety habits and behaviours into everyday practice
- Effectively influence groups and individuals to think and act safely (even when no one is watching)
Who is Doing safety! for?
Doing safety! is for Health and Safety Influencers (Leaders, Managers, Team Leaders etc.) who want to learn more about what it takes to shift H&S behaviours, and develop a robust H&S culture within their organisations.
Doing safety! is a one-day solution and is available in two delivery methods to meet your organisation's unique needs.
- Live in-room: In-person, facilitator-led classroom training available in ½ day or 1-day options (2 x 3.5-hour sessions or 1 x 7-hour session).
- Live online: Virtual, instructor-led training available in 2 hour spaced modules (4 x 2-hour sessions).
- A6 Desktop calendar outlining key learning
- A3 fold out companion worksheet
- Doing safety "I choose safety because..." wristband
- A set of 'Action plan' and 'Habit change' cards
- Link to learner readings, resources and media
- A course completion certificate*
*Available digitally (no charge) or as a hard copy ($10 per learner + includes digital copy)
Want to customise the course?
We offer options to personalise our solutions or to create a bespoke solution to meet your organisation’s specific needs. Learn more at bettertraining.co.nz/Bespoke-solutions
What’s the next step?
If your organisation could benefit from the skills taught in Doing safety!, contact us today to learn more.