Motivational Interviewing (Skill development)
Help others to thrive.
Working compassionately and collaboratively, promoting self-efficacy, and expanding your toolbox of functional strategies to help others thrive.
Supercharge your ability to help others and influence change! Are you looking to level up your ability help others make positive changes, implement best practice strategies that have the biggest impact when assisting with change, and build robust toolbox of MI skills and techniques? If this is you, and you're looking to advance your MI skills to the next level, Motivational Interviewing (Skills development) will provide you with the critical skills you need to become an influential change agent within your organisation.
What does Motivational Interviewing (Basics) teach?
Motivational Interviewing (Basics) teaches participants to:
- Incorporate a range of advanced MI tools and techniques to achieve better outcomes with those you are trying to help
- Elicit more positive solutions focussed dialogue (change talk) while simultaneously decreasing negative or problem focussed dialogue (sustain talk)
- Return responsibility to those you are trying to help and transition from being a ‘helper’ (you doing the work) to a ‘facilitator’ (assisting others to do the work)
- Assist others to develop discrepancy (a conflict in thinking) between current vs. ideal behaviours using a range of reflection and summary statements
- Understand the underlying causes of ‘resistance’, ‘non-compliance’ and ‘counterproductive behaviour's’ and explore strategies to effectively manage these.
Who is Motivational Interviewing (Skill development) for?
Motivational Interviewing (Skill development) is for accomplished teams and individuals who want to enhance their existing MI skill set, learn more about what it takes to achieve rapid engagement and build strong working alliances, effectively utilise the full range of MI techniques and skills, and become potent agents of change within their organisations.
Motivational Interviewing (Skills development) is a one or two-day solution and is available in two delivery methods to meet your organisation's unique needs.
- Live in-room: In-person, facilitator-led classroom training available in ½ day, 1-day or 2-day options (2-4 x 3.5-hour sessions or 1-2 x 7-hour sessions).
- Live online: Virtual, instructor-led training available in 2 hour spaced modules (4-8 x 2-hour sessions).
- A6 Desktop calendar outlining key learning
- A3 fold out companion worksheet
- A set of 'Action plan', 'Habit change' cards
- Link to learner readings, resources and media
- A course completion certificate*
*Available digitally (no charge) or as a hard copy ($10 per learner + includes digital copy)
Want to customise the course?
We offer options to personalise our solutions or to create a bespoke solution to meet your organisation’s specific needs. Learn more at bettertraining.co.nz/Bespoke-solutions
What’s the next step?
If your organisation could benefit from the skills taught in Motivational Interviewing (Skill development), contact us today to learn more.